Friday, October 19, 2007

Updating slackware, tips and tricks

http://slackware.wordpress.com/2006/09/26/slackware-changelog-september-26th/
Tips and tricks (actually, more of like some useful information):
  • Since I'm using tcsh as the default shell, just a reminder, instead of modifying /etc/profile, I should modify /etc/csh.login. Then from the shell, run "tcsh -l".
  • Azureus is a Java based Bittorrent client. Have been using it for a while as I was unable to install the Bittorrent client. Too much dependencies, I just couldn't resolve the wxPython one (not geeky enough, I guess :P). That's probably one of the problems faced by the user when they try to install Python based program.
  • XFCE is a lightweight desktop environment. Some screenshots. I find it pretty neat and, indeed, light.
  • And this is really funny.

No comments: